Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Concussion, 3 week flu, and James

3 weeks ago, I was riding in shays suburban on the way home from taking the kids to the zoo. She needed to give a boy in her ward a ride to school and so I agreed I'd climb in the back so he could sit up front. As I was climbing over into the back seat, she hit the biggest speed bump ever and I flew up and nailed my head on the top of the car so bad. I knew I was hurting really bad but everyone was just laughing. Sure enough, within an a hour, the dizziness and vomiting started and James diagnosed me with my first ever concussion. I laugh about it now but I sure had the worst headache of my life and was annoyed by any noise or light. I couldn't even watch tv without feeling like I was going to throw up again. James sure stepped up to help with the kids while I just laid on the couch for hours. It didnt help that janes and i had colds that lasted so long. james got it first, and would complain his jaw just hurt so bad. i made fun of him till my jaw pain set in and sure enough...it was the weirdest sickness ive ahd in a long time! luckily shaela has become all homeopathic, so thanks to essential oils, I'm finally healed! No more headaches, jaw pains, or even runny nose for that part!

Have I mentioned how great James is yet?? I know this transition has been incredibly stressful for him...I can't even imagine how hard it is to start his job from ground zero, but he has been doing awesome! He gets home and still wants to play with the kids and work in the yard. And, maybe even play around with iPhoto at nights when I'm asleep! Ha! He just got me a new phone for an early birthday present and we both have loved playing around it. And nothing's better than finding pictures like this one! I sure love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment