Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Outdated: Labor day weekend

We spent labor day at the cabin. It was the first time James and I were able to say, "Hey, let's go to the cabin!" and just go….without a drive from Utah! It was so nice.  We went with Brad and Julie, my mom and dad with matt, mansi, and brianna, and Adam and Melanie Brown. The weather was perfect! It was so fun to just spend some time with my sisters and sit around holding Tommie. We took Jimmer for his first big trip. Let me just say that the ride there was HORRIBLE. We left with Brad and Julie and had to stop so many times…I'm sure brad was so bugged. Jimmer barked non-stop, pooped on my feet, and was scared of the rain storm. We didn't plan ahead and all our luggage in the back of the truck was soaked by the time we got there. We also had to stop to feed Tommie and let Jackson out to to go to the bathroom. Then, the ride home was just as obnoxious because we were held up in the traffic. Jimmer had eaten some poisonous mushrooms or something right before we left the ranch. He was so sick and throwing up and we though he would just lay there on the way home. But, traffic was so slow and he kept biting jackson's feet and barking to get out. When I finally decided to just walk him along side the car, all of a sudden traffic picked up and off went James!  Although I couldn't see the car anymore, I was still running to catch up to James. Jimmer had never been on a leash and was going crazy trying to bite it off. Every car was laughing at me as they passed me on the highway. Eventually James had found a spot ahead to pull over and wait for me. We laughed about it the whole way home. Guess you could say it was our first trip with "3 kids" counting Jimmer and Tommie did awesome for his first trip out of the house. Enough of that though…. the cabin was so much fun! We loved the zip line and the new swing sets. Brad and Julie had brought up a on of pop cans to shoot and we had a fun few hours exploding those. We went into town for church on sunday and surprisingly, my parents were late! That was funny to me that all their kids made it on time, but not them! All in all, it was a great labor day weekend and made us glad we moved to Arizona yet again! 












1 comment:

  1. I love that family photo. And I'm sorry about the horrible trip to get to the cabin. While I grew up with dogs, we never took them anywhere so I don't really know what that must be like. I'm glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete