Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New family picture, Matt already gone, labor day


There it is- the most recent picture of our family of 5. This was with all of James' family at the cabin. I asked the photographer to just snap a few of just our little family. Honestly, I hate pregnant pictures, and first thought, what's the point? the new baby will be here in a few months anyways. But, then, it hit me, why wouldn't I want to capture just this moment in time? This year of my life has been crazy- and stressful- but I am the happiest I have ever been. And, I love this picture of all the boys. They are so sweet- each one- including James.  Life changes REALLY fast. 

Well, 24 hours after Matt got here, he was already headed back to Columbia. It turns out his cysts weren't as bad as the Columbian doctor thought, and he was given medical approval to go back. So, we had a monday night homecoming party- hamburgers and swimming. Then, a Tuesday night farewell party- columbian restaurant and celebrate Macey's birthday at Shaela's. And, then he was back on his mission. Ha! What a crazy thing for him. But, it was fun to see him and realize how much we miss him. 

Jackson fell of the slide at school and hit his head on the metal bars on the way down. He spent a good hour at the nurse's office and had a pretty big bump on his head. It made me smile as he told me how nice the nurse was, with the ice pack - made me realize I should be better at paying attention to my kids wounds :). I suspect there will be many more injuries at school. 

James spoke in church on sunday, with Mansi. His talk was on gratitude and it was the first talk he didn't read off the paper. I was impressed he shared so many personal experiences and said that he has learned he can't really love or feel charity - if he doesn't feel grateful. He even spent a good minute or so on all the things he's grateful for that I have done for him lately. So sweet.  Jackson also had a talk in primary, on family recreation, and didn't want any help. He is so confident in front of people and makes everyone laugh with his little jokes he comes up with. So proud of him too! 

James has been extra busy lately. He worked all day saturday and with a few night meetings last week, the kids were totally wanting just him. Luckily, yesterday was Labor day and we had him all to ourselves. He was so patient as all the boys wanted to do was just follow him around. :) We had brad and julie and Thomas and Carrie Brown over for some smoked chicken and "just dance" on the Wii. Brad of course entertained us all. 



There was no dancing for me. I have some lower back pain lately that really hurts my hips. I feel like an old lady. I always wondered why some pregnant ladies walked so weird- and now i know! :) I actually fell in the pool trying to catch Dallin who fell in. I landed on the steps pretty hard and hit my head on the deck. I think that may have thrown some things out of alignment. But, it sure has bothered me lately. I really feel like this 3rd pregnancy in a row is actually REALLY hard. I try to joke it off as I'm just getting old and fat- but really- I have never been so uncomfortable at just 30 weeks.



2 comments:

  1. I hope you are okay! Any fall when pregnant is scary and the one you described would be unpleasant even when not pregnant. I'm sorry you're uncomfortable and still have 2 months to go. You can make it! I'm glad you decided to get that photo of your family. Even if as you look at it, you see "pregnant Shawnne", you will also see happiness and beauty and your family at a moment that it'll only be for 2 more months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan! You are so sweet! I have loved reading your blog comments- and so impressed you went back through and read all of those! Wow! thanks! :) Your sweet family looks like it is growing up! Your boys look so old and so excited for you to have another one too!!! LUCKY!

      Delete