Monday, September 8, 2014

Drunk Tommie

This week little Tommie managed to drink a whole bottle of Benadryl. I had just gone into my room to make my bed, came out, and discovered that a bottle of benadryl was gone and his face was covered in the stuff. At the time, I had no clue where it came from or how much he had actually had. Turns out, Adam Brown had left the bottle on the counter, lid not on all the way, when he had been over the night before. (I finally figured this out when he came to get the bottle back for his sick daughter!) But, I called poison control and they agreed to monitor his symptoms with me, even though they suggested I just take him to the emergency room. I tried to explain he poor kid has kind of had a lot going on lately and they agreed to call back every 45 minutes or so. Well, normally, benadryl doesn't really affect Tommie. It sure doesn't help him go to sleep, but doesn't make him wired either. Sure enough, he started acting way weird. Crying, running into walls, and eyes open so wide. We decided just to let it work its way out of his system. But, he couldn't sleep all day. He looked so tired, but just sat glazed all day. My normally way hyper, talk-non-stop kid said NOTHING all day. Not even no. It was so strange. Luckily he finally went to bed that night and woke up incredible hyper the next day, yelling over and over- so we decided he was feeling better. Ha! what a crazy thing. 

Dallin is cutting his other front tooth and not sleeping well. That's making me a little more tired lately. But, he can officially climb out of his crib, up on the fireplace, and out of the bathtub now. Guess that means i need to watch him a little more carefully. :) 

I had another doctor's appointment. I can't believe it's time for every 2 week appointments all ready. The good news is- my iron levels are finally high. That's helped a lot with the fatigue I used to feel. I'm lucky I have been so healthy this pregnancy. Huge- but healthy.

James is especially happy that we have cable this year to watch the BYU football games. Somehow he gets the boys excited to dress up in "sports" clothes and sit around for 4 hours. AMAZING. :) But, Nate and Andrea's family joined us for this last game and we had a good time just talking and eating salsa con queso. :) 


Today it is pouring rain. Our back yard is totally flooded. Supposedly it's the most rain the state of AZ has ever gotten in one day. Even the 60 closed down for flooding. crazy. But, that didn't stop the boys from spending the morning in the back yard. Our tiny plastic pool would float like a boat- even with them in it, and they thought that was just so awesome. Dallin couldn't crawl well on the wet cement and kept falling face first into the puddles. Luckily he thought that was funny and laughed and laughed for the first hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment