Friday, August 1, 2014

Think you are having a crappy day??

So, awhile back, admist all our other problems, we discovered another wall with mold. This time it was from a leak in the guest bathroom. Well, by leak, I mean somehow when the shower was on, it was leaking out the baseboard. (And by somehow, I mean, I think spencer forgot to put the curtain inside the shower when he used that bathroom while the other one was under construction! :) ) ANYWAYS, we started another wall demolition and forked out more cash.  James' car was making noise again (found out it needed ANOTHER new engine...), and the A/C in the house went out. Tommie dropped my cell phone in the bathtub- totally ruining it.  On top of that, we had bought Becca's Yukon- loved it for a week, then found out it needed new repairs and had to quit driving that as well. We went to get the truck ready for Wilford to come and it needed SEVERAL repairs as well. Basically, we were feeling REALLY poor. There was no way to keep making payments on our medical bills, pay for the usual, and fix all our problems. I really just felt I was having a bad week. Make that a bad few months. You know how things seem worse and you just start getting angry at everything?  I was depressed and discouraged and James was just stressed and therefore, cranky. Well that day, the kids seemed extra whiney so I sent them all out in the back yard and cleaned my room really good. As in I organized every closet, drawer, under the bed, everything.  Yes, I always start with my room. I then moved on to the kids room. By that time, the kids had had it, were pounding on the doors to come in, and I put everyone on their beds and took a shower. For maybe what? 5 minutes? I came out to find my room and bathroom like this.


Then, I saw the boys room. (Don't be fooled, they are not sleeping). 


But then, I saw the front room. 


See those purple/gray streaks? There was a bird, flying through the house. Jackson thought it was funny to turn on the fans and scare it. Then, it would poop everywhere. Those few streaks were over lots of walls, the couch, the floor, the kitchen counters, the blinds, etc. I finally started laughing really hard. Really? I thought - bird poop- right now? When I was already feeling like everything was crappy anyways? Anyways, we got the mess cleaned up and I had a change of heart. For some reason, I looked at my life different after that. 


The mess wasn't SO bad. Who cares that we will have to live with broken things for awhile? Reality is, my life is well....awesome! :) (thanks for the word choice jackson!) My kids are adorable and love me. They don't care about any of my so called "problems". And, I felt really strongly that Satan wanted me to be miserable. He wanted me to hate this stage of life and everything about it. And, I knew that a lot of those stressful feelings were a distraction away from recognizing how many blessings I have right now. And honestly, ever since then, it's been a lot better. I guess you could say I am grateful that bird flew in my house and pooped everywhere. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow. I can imagine feeling overwhelmed and frustrated and cranky. I'm glad that a little poopy bird could help you remember that you are loved and blessed.

    ReplyDelete