Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's official- Jackson started kindergarten!

Well, Franklin West elementary it is, for afternoon kindergarten! He loves it! The bus picks him up and drops him off down the street. I think it is the perfect amount of time for him to be gone and he is just so in to everything he learns. I get full out reports everyday. "Trevor can draw the world's best bananas." "Thrasher got in trouble. Mrs. Jankunas told him 'that's it. You are not listening today." "You have to wear a medal to go to the bathroom, and i got to wear it today!" My favorite story so far is when he told me on sunday, during the sacrament, that jesus is invisible. I was still thinking about that when he said he learned it at school. "Really?" I asked. Jax: "Yes, every day we stand and say 'one nation, under God, invisible...' and I said 'Mrs. Janukunas, is God Jesus?' she said 'sure'. So that means that Jesus is invisible." Ha! I got a really good laugh out of that.

Another day, he didn't get off the bus with Kate and Eliza. He is ALWAYS first, as in runs past everyone else. Turns out he had fallen asleep and Kate had to wake him up! Poor guy, he just gets so excited he wears himself out. I have to teach him how to relax at night. To lay in bed without kicking and going crazy and talking about school.

James' fathers blessing before school reminded him that he learns easily and can be a good influence on his friends. He was promised that he can learn how to choose the right and that school will be very easy for him. So far, it's true! He's lucky to have so many cousins and friends in the same class too.

And no, I did not cry when he left. If it was all day, maybe, but he seemed so excited and I am just totally loving my afternoons lately. I can take a nap and have a little bit of time to myself while Dallin and Tommie sleep. I need it!







No comments:

Post a Comment