Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gilbert temple open house

Thanks to Wilford's great friend, Dave Lesuer, was able to arrange for the Andersens to be very involved in the opening of the Gilbert Temple. He is the one that donated the land, and joined the temple presidency with Wilford's brother Darl Andersen. We had a private family tour of the temple before the open house ever started. What a beautiful temple. Seriously. Such big rooms and neat designs. It was neat to take our kids, and be with just James' family. We were also able to attend the Sunday morning dedication session in the celestial room with President Monson. Being so close to the prophet, in such a holy setting, was really neat for me.  As we sang "the spirit of god", I really thought about all the people that sacrifice to build temples and get to the temple. It hit me that i take so much for granted and really need to find the importance of the temple in my own life. I was reminded that even the first presidency, works hard to place the temple a priority in their life. James and I have tried harder to be better since then. I am so grateful I was able to these opportunities. I am certain they won't really happen again, but enjoyed them.









No comments:

Post a Comment