Thursday, January 2, 2014

christmas 2013

Another Christmas has come and gone. Honestly, I have a few favorite memories from this past Christmas.

1) Shopping for gifts with James. We got Brianna to babysit all 3 boys (we hadn't left Dallin tons yet) and we took off for hours, and I mean hours. James and I ate, strolled through store after store, went to eat again, and just stayed out until midnight. I loved having James' attention- no work calls- and just talking. Brianna kept sending texts saying things were great, and I was just happy to not worry about anything. We still look back on that as one of our favorite dates ever.

2) I loved going to Spencer's christmas choir concerts. Ya, westwood choir needs a little help now that Mr. Harris is gone, but I loved listening to the music and having reminders of how important Christmas time  for the rest of the world. It was fun to have Spencer's activities to give us some free things to go to.


3) I loved surprising James with his new smoker. He had been wanting one so bad but knew we didn't have tons of gift money this year. It was fun to watch him spend all day obsessing over it and cooking up some pork. And, yes, it was an all day thing.

4) I loved skyping my brother Matt on his mission in columbia. I have
missed him and how fun he was for the boys. He was emotional as he sat there staring at everyone, and we really didn't have tons of time to talk to him, but it was great to see him and see how he is growing up.

5) i was once again reminded how neat it is to have a small baby at christmas time. The story of Mary's sacrifice really hits me when I have a baby too. And, yes, I felt the strain of two small kids, but Christmas is really peaceful and simple when you have a nursing baby. I am grateful that I was able to have two christmas's in a row to teach me that.


6) I am also grateful that the Elders moved out by Christmas. That was really hard and really stressful. Yet, I learned how to be obedient and was reminded that sometimes, you just gotta suck up your own and attitude and do it! :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment