Sunday, April 7, 2013

Conference weekend

This past week has felt long and harder than normal. James has worked a lot of nights, including friday night (which is always THE worst).  I am not feeling very good lately, back to a lot of stomach aches and bad acid.  Come 5:00, when I'm supposed to have dinner ready and the kids require the most energy, I kind of just shut down and feel like throwing up, wearing PJ's and drinking sprite. Ha. If only that could happen! But, somehow it's worked and we are making it.  By the time James got home most nights, kids were fed, bathed, and asleep, and I was watching a movie and he thought it looked like I had the life! :) Guess I did pretty good then! But, it's been a good conference weekend and I am amazed at how clear and direct a lot of the talks are. What a good reminder to just be obedient, stick up for what I know is right, and to let Christ in to my life.  I also was reminded me of the important role I have to make sure my family is happy and that my kids can feel the spirit every day. So, even though I haven't felt great.... if you look at the good things I've done... walked Jackson and Tommie all the way to the library just to play board games and the Dora computer games. Made dinner for Brad and Julie 2 nights and watched Kate and Eliza for a few hours each day to help while Julie was on bed rest. Made dinner for Kristen Millet's family since she spent the night in the emergency room. Worked on teaching Jackson how to read and he successfully learned all 3 verses to "If the Savior stood beside Me". Taught Tommie how to wave "bye-bye" and clap his hands to "if you're happy and you know it". Took Jackson swimming at mom's for the first time of the season! (Still freezing, but he didn't care). Nursed my dying tomato plants back to life, walked Jimmer every day (big step for me), and made breakfast every morning except 2 cereal days. Basically, I'll call that good enough! :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to find the positives! AND...you do way more than I do so I am extremely impressed and hope you are too. You are a great woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you're a WAY over-achiever, and I think you should get the "Awesome Mom of the Year" award this year. When I've had times like that, it seems like the holes and gaps that I can't do are somehow filled by tender mercies of the Lord. We somehow survive, and then move on. I really think you're totally and completely awesome! Wish I lived closer to I could pop in daily and take kids, make dinner, clean, etc. . .

    ReplyDelete