Sunday, April 14, 2013

My boys are so happy

It hit me this week, how lucky I am to be surrounded by such HAPPY boys! James has a friend (Jeff) in the ward, that comes over several times a week to just talk to him. He's a little strange and I won't let him in our house anymore unless James invites him in. Jackson repeats a lot of the things he says, which aren't always appropriate, so lately Jackson has to stay inside while he and James are talking. Anyways, Jeff was the one who commented last sunday that he wants what James has..." happiness, a wife, kids, HAPPY kids, etc." He used the word "happy" over and over and it hit me, that my boys are always so happy. No matter how hard the night was, trying to get everyone to eat and go to sleep...they wake up so incredibly happy. Jackson comes right into our room, thinking it's going to be the best day in the whole world. Tommie wakes up talking to himself until someone goes in and he is just total smiles and laughs while you change his diaper, get him dressed, etc. It has totally helped any morning nausea to just see his laugh and feel his huge, open-mouthed kisses. No matter how late James worked, or how early he had to get up, or if I woke him up to get up with kids, etc, he is always in a good mood in the morning. And for the most part, all their good moods last all day long! Everytime Tommie is in his high chair, it's all smiles, no matter what he is eating. Seriously, never spits anything out. It's incredible.


Jackson is just excited to be with me, and do whatever I want, until James is home...and then he could care less about I'm doing. He even wanted to follow James to ward choir! :) James was in charge of a work festival for a HOA group yesterday. It pretty much took up his whole Saturday, but it sure had a good turnout. Jared was trying tog et the landscaping at that HOA and also helps put on parties. Thanks to his new "party wagon", he supplies all the tables, chairs, umbrellas, grill, rangers, horse rides, etc. It was quite the production, but neat to see the boys in action and to meet some more of the people James works with. He has had some good missionary experiences since most of them are not LDS and a tradeshow he just went too was themed "college days" with a lot of drinking, handing out shots, etc. He even won a fancy coffee maker in a raffle. It's still in the trunk! He called me on Friday pretty upset that  a man had called him "so cute" and wanted his phone number. The man was married but made the comments about James' good looks in front of his wife. That sure made James mad and I just kept laughing. Had to remind him we really don't live on BYU campus anymore!  Lately, I find pictures like this on his phone and have to laugh at how his days are spent surrounded by these women! :) Does he look like he fits right in? 

The carnival was pretty much our only outing for the week. That and we went out friday night to olive garden and exercise clothes shopping with Shaela and Jared. I am feeling better, but really didn't do too much else. I look really pregnant now and got a lot of comments at church today. (Must've been a bad dress! :) ) Julie's not showing at all, so I kept reminding people it's been almost 4 years for her, and only 9 months since I've had a baby! That really puts my life in perspective! :) Brad and Julie had an early ultrasound and found out they are having a boy. They are so excited. Shaela's will be a girl for her. So who knows for us. I thought about moving my appointment up, but decided I'll just go ahead and wait the 2 weeks out! No need to rush the real exciting parts of pregnancy! There's not too much left until delivery! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment