Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sick AGAIN. Probiotics anyone?

Well, Monday morning I took Tommie for his well check up. I dreaded giving him his new set of shots, and should have postponed them. But, I ended up doing them anyway, and now we are back to sick kids! I swear he just doesn't handle shots well. He's back to not sleeping good and has a really bad runny nose, goopy eyes, and a rash on his face. I am going to think long and hard about immunizations and decide if I really agree in the order they give them all. But for his 6 month check up,  he weighed 16 lbs 10 oz (30th percentile). was 27 inches long (75th percentile), and despite how everyone says his head is huge, it's still only in the 45th percentile at 17inches.  He is eating so many foods now, and can now eat a whole cheerio without breaking it up. An investigator at church sat next to us and wanted to hold him. She handed him back to me and the smoke smell from her clothes was so strong all over him. It hit me as I changed his clothes just how sweet and innocent Tommie really is. He still is so close to his Heavenly Father and has such a long life ahead of him. I don't know it bothered me so bad that he smelled so strong of smoke, but I'm sure it's because I felt like he was "violated" in some way. Made me want to protect all the babies everywhere. :) Jackson has another bad case of stomach problems. Throwing up and bad diarrhea. He actually is old enough to understand diarrhea and thinks his "water toots" are really funny. He is always yelling at me from the toilet saying "mom, did you hear that??" I sure hope he outgrows it soon! But, he is losing weight and as if he wasn't skinny before, you can see the ribs in his back. It makes me really worried. Today, I had a realization though, that maybe the colored bath tablets I got him for Christmas, are causing the digestive problems. I've always known he drinks the tub water, and maybe with all the dye in the water, he's getting sick. I just pulled out those tablets this week as he's taken a bath everyday, and everyday his problems have gotten worse. So, who knows!

Did I mention Tommie grabs EVERYTHING now? He can't stop and everything goes straight to his mouth. No wonder his immune system is bad.


We had a fun family night this week as we went to the temple visitor center with Shaela and Jared and Brad and Julie. We watched the church's movie on the family, walked around the exhibits,  then hit a frozen yogurt store after. Kids sure had a lot of fun and I was reminded again how nice it is to be back around family.




I have started cooking dinners for Shaela Monday-Thursday nights till she gets feeling better. She's just about to finish her first trimester, and I remember living in Utah and feeling sick and just wishing someone would plan dinners, do the shopping, and just bring it to me ready to eat. I always swore that would make me feel amazing! :) And, sure enough, Shaela feels amazing! It's been fun to see them everyday, our lives are starting to be so involved! I feel bad because some of my meals really don't end up tasting good, but they don't really seem to care. We couldn't afford to feed their whole family, so Jared got me a credit card and I just go do the shopping. They don't even want the receipts! :) What a deal.


James invited me to lunch with him this week, and for once, I actually didn't want to go. He and Brad are always talking about this place "Piggly Wiggly's at the Fair". I guess it used to be a trailer at the fair, but just opened a new restaurant with carnival games inside too. Let's just say after seeing the photos, I am so glad I stayed home for a turkey sandwich on homemade bread! :)



Well, we also had a good weekend. Russ and Adri Lee were in town on Friday (they live in Minnesota now) and they stopped by our house for lunch. It was fun to see them again and remember some of our Utah friends! Then, I spent the afternoon out in gilbert with Andrea's kids and picked up Becca front he phoenix-Mesa gateway airport out there. It sure seems like a nice way to fly now with flights straight to ogden or Provo. James and i went to Michelle's Leavitt-now-Stoker's wedding reception. She was such a good friend to me through the years and it was really fun to see some of my old friends. Saturday we did a lot of yard work. It was freezing this past week (high in the 30's :) ) and our garden died, and a lot of the leaves on the front trees froze and fell off. Boy are we so glad to not have a winter in Utah because this last week was cold enough! James and I went to El Charro and Sports' Authority with Shaela and Jared while Brianna babysat. But, by the time we came home, between Tommie's screaming and throwing up, Jackson's vomit and diarrhea, and Jimmer chewing up the cute basket on Brianna's bike...She had had it! Poor girl! 



1 comment:

  1. "Water toots" made me laugh out loud. Cute Jackson. And I love that you're bringing your blog back to life. It's a great way to journal and keep track of daily living. . . someday we won't remember how crazy busy we are now unless we write it all down. Hope you're all feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete