Monday, January 7, 2013

Good Snow Days in Prescott

The end of December was here and we definitely were out of money from Christmas. James still had a few days off work and we were starting to feel just bored and broke! :) So, you can imagine how excited we were when Jared and Shaela called and offered an ALL EXPENSES PAID trip to their cabin in Prescott! What a blessing! Shaela and I spent a lot of time inside with the kids, watching none other than Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, season 1 and eating treats: easy cheese on wheat thins, M & M's, all the good things. We did quite a bit of snow and it reminded me all again why I don't miss Utah in the winter! Luckily we still have some good snow clothes though.  
Jackson was actually pretty into sledding this year and thanks to James, he had a lot of fun! I only took him once, and everyone kept laughing at my pants falling down...so that was the end of that. Hence my new nickname "the grand canyon". I'll take that over Shaela's "the grand tetons!" 

We sure do feel lucky to have such great family around. We stayed for 5 days, spent New Year;s Eve at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and movies back at the cabin. Everyone was too into the show that i had to announce "happy new year" at 12:05! :) 




Love this picture of Weston after James got him with not a snow ball, but dumped his snow shovel on him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment