Thursday, January 17, 2013

Everyone loves Jackson

Lately, it's hit me that I better start preparing for Jackson to grow up! He has started to understand "logic" a lot more, and he is sure cracking me up every day. On tuesday, at school, he learned about Eskimos. He came home and told me all about "the people that have long fur everywhere". After thinking about it, he said to me "If all the "skimos"have long hair, how do you know which ones are boys or girls?" I tried to tell him that they were coats that are furry, but underneath the coat, they look normal.  Somehow that led to how boys and girls have different hair, girls wear bows, etc. Later in the day he discovered his favorite stuffed animal "blue bear" had a bow around it's neck. He was so shocked as he realized blue bear must be a girl. He hasn't played with it since! (hallelujah!)

He hasn't felt the best lately so he's starting to get a little cranky and feisty. He's always making up rules for me. Today, he said that "since I told him he has to take a nap, he's going to go to the neighbor's and get a new mom." Other threats include: "if you don't let me play with weston, I'm going to pick up tommie and drop him on the floor".  "If you don't let me take a shower, I am going to get water all over your dry clothes." "If you don't let me eat another cookie, I am going to take you outside and let Jimmer jump on you".

I still think he's adorable though, even if he is a little obnoxious sometimes! I took him to the grocery store "sprouts" the other day. It was the day all the senior citizens get discounts, so there were a lot of elderly. They all would walk by and pat him on the head or make little comments about him and tommie. I walked away to get some lettuce and heard "Hey mom, everybody loves me in this store huh?"

They asked him to give a talk last sunday in primary. His first full sunday as a sunbeam, and they met in the chapel for opening exercises. So, he had to get up, using the microphone on the pulpit. I thought he'd be nervous, but he didn't even want me on the stand. The primary worker asked if eh wanted help as he got up to the microphone, "No he said, I can do it all by myself". I did actually go up to help hold up his pictures. He was so loud, so clear, and so confident. Everyone laughed a little because he seemed so old. But, he held up a picture of him as a baby "This is me as a baby. I am a child of God." Then he held up a picture of his family. "This is me and my family. Heavenly Father gave me a family. In the name of jesus Christ, Amen." Perfect talk from a 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment