Monday, August 10, 2015

Summer Cabin Fun


I spent the entire month of July not at home... and it was wonderful! We missed having our dad around, but the break from the heat was amazing! We had the family reunion and then Amber was nice to let me stay and hang out with her 4 boys. We were surrounded by little boys but they played so well together (until the last day at least! :) ). For the most part we spent all day outside and no one asked to play with my phone or watch a movie! It was incredible. 



I always love when Clayt, James, and Neil get to spend time together with their kids. There is something that gets me about seeing what good friends they are but how they have all become amazing dads. I couldn't have asked for better examples of "brothers" for my boys. 

This is actually Stephen.


I will always be grateful to Darl for installing the swings and the grass. We spent HOURS here. 


I love that these 2 were instant friends. 


To say we "caught a few krawdads" would be a lie. We captured and tortured HUNDREDS. If they weren't the ugliest things ever, I might feel bad for all the stabbings and launchings, oh and for shooting them with BB guns and trying to "walk" them with strings around their necks...

 at least Will still uses a binky too! :) 

Dallin's buck teeth get me every single time. His side teeth still haven't grown in! :) 




The cabin allowed me to "wear" Bryce a lot in a baby carrier because it wasn't so hot. He was snuggled up next to me the whole time...great opportunity for his head to heal! 


James actually really missed us. He said the house got way too quiet and stayed way to clean! :) He would drive up on the weekends with Clayton, but by the time I was in prescott, he was ready for me to come home. It wasn't an option he said. 


We are excited they moved back to AZ -here's to hoping we have more parties ahead! 




I have noticed I can never lay around in peace. Ever! There is always someone eager to climb over me. But, I love getting down on my boys level and just letting them attack me. Even if it's only for 10 minutes, they live it up! 


I came home for a few days then left with Shaela to prescott. Sadly, this is the only picture we took. All the boys were staring out the window watch hummingbirds eat out of the feeders. We enjoyed some good yoga, shopping in town, ranger rides, and hanging out with a bunch of Wrights/Dales/Wards down at the kickball field. Definitely a great end to the summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment