Sunday, December 28, 2014

Bryce's baby blessing


Today, Bryce was blessed. It was the same sunday that Spencer gave his farewell talk. It works out great to have Wilford and Neil in town as well. Honestly, it was a chaotic sunday for me. I remember as James started the blessing, he was saying that Bryce has such a calming influence. I was by myself on the row and Dallin and Tommie were full out wrestling and yelling at each other while Jax is mad they are kicking him. The crackers they were fighting over were getting thrown everywhere. I remember laughing out loud while trying to get my boys to calm down. I tried really hard to catch the blessing but it wasn't happening. I am so grateful Kathleen emailed me the notes :). I hope that's not an omen for bryce's life. But, I love that he is willing to put up with it all. I also love that Bryce was blessed to understand truth. He somehow makes me think about what really is important every time i am alone with just him. 




Notes from the Infant Blessing given to
Bryce Clayton Andersen
Dec. 28, 2014
Mesa Vineyard Ward, Mesa, AZ


Dear Heavenly Father, by the power of the Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold, we give this baby a name and a blessing.  The name we give him is Bryce Clayton Andersen.

Bryce, We are grateful you are here at this time.  We bless you to know that your Heavenly Father has sent you here to do special things. 

We are grateful for the peaceful feelings you have brought into our home and for the calming influence you have upon your parents and siblings.

We bless you to know of our love and gratitude for you at this time. 

We bless you to be a leader among your friends and family.  People will look up to you as an example and for your calming influence. 

We bless you to use this influence for good.  We bless you that through your influence you may bless others around you. 

We bless you to have a seriousness about the gospel.  We bless you even at this early time with a desire to keep the commandments and covenants of God.  And because of your obedience, we bless you to be able to return to live with your Heavenly Father.

We bless you to have the strength to avoid temptation.  We bless you with sound understanding.  We bless you that your mind will be able to understand truth.  We bless you to gain a knowledge of the principles of the gospel and of secular knowledge.  We bless you that you will learn and grow. 

We bless you that you will be able to serve a mission and that you will bless those you come in contact with. 

We bless you that you will be married in the temple and make covenants and have the strength to keep them. 

We bless you to feel love for the Savior and gratitude for the blessings He has given you. 

We bless you with a desire to learn and understand the priesthood.  We bless you that you will see it as a gift and a great blessing to be able to serve others.  We bless you to be a blessing to those around you and that through your use of the priesthood worthily you will bless others for good.

We want you to know of our love for you at this time.  And we say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen





 



Why is it so hard to just get a good picture? :)  Oh well, these show how the day REALLY went!












Spencer did such a great job on his talk. He seemed so old to me. I loved that he had a few days to spend with my boys again. Honestly, I started crying when I said goodbye to him. He will be a great missionary and is so lucky to go to rome. But, I recognized that I really appreciated all he did for our little family. I realized how much my boys looked up to him and how much I already missed having him live with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment