Friday, December 12, 2014

Random thoughts from the past 2 weeks

Well, we had a little bout of stomach flu - or food poisoning. Even James stayed home throwing up - that's not normal. Tommie threw up the next night, all over james' side of the bed. I kept trying to wake james up so he wasn't laying on it but he kept telling me he didn't care, it wasn't bugging him. Let's just say, that come morning, he wanted to know why his clothes were crusty and what that smell was! come to find out, he didn't remember any of it! And, after tommie had thrown up on me, I had cleaned up my side of the bed and rolled all the dirty sheets over to the middle- putting down new ones just for myself. You could tell that james thought I looked a little selfish! Ha! I am SOOO glad we have a king bed - do they make any wider to handle all the kids at night?? :)

Jackson had his franklin winter sing - held at Westwood's auditorium.  I'll admit that we were running a little late so james dropped me and the kids off at the front and went to find a parking spot. After he got in and sat down, Kristen Millet walked by and wanted to see the new baby. We looked around and couldnt find him. Turns out he was still in the car! James ran out to go get him and we both realized we weren't quite used to the 4 kids things yet... :) But, jax had a little solo part of Alvin from Alvin and the chipmunks. Actually, there was a little group of Alvins - but somehow he was the only one who said anything at the right time. He had the whole audience laughing and really did look so cute. He is a smart - quick boy. He had enunciated the words "i still want a hula- hoop" so clear that the "p" sound was so loud "puh". He said, "I guess everyone thinks the "p" sound is funny". Ha - he really makes my day. His whole life is surrounded by babies - but everyday he finds ways to get them all laughing. I will really miss the day he recognizes that staying home with me is not the coolest thing ever. He is really thinking through things lately. He spells out so many words and writes me so many letters. I posted on Facebook his latest discovery. "Jackson figured out why all the other reindeer didn't like Rudolph- "because mom , his first name was Rude" ha! Merry Christmas! " 


Tommie is fast lately- and so curious about everything. I had made a box of mac and cheese - which we really never have. Everyone was so excited, even James. When we sat down to eat it, it was so nasty. I realized that Tommie had dumped a serious amount of garlic salt in it when I put dallin in his high chair.  I am also now missing all the spices from my spice cabinet. While I answered the door for the neighbors (wanting to borrow something), he opened each jar and dumped it out -- luckily not in dinner though!

I left the family room to put dallin in the bathtub yesterday. His diaper had leaked everywhere. I got the feeling to go back and check on bryce. He was acting weird on the ground. I picked him up and discovered he had a mouthful of at least 6 raisins. All shoved in there by little tommie. "He was hungry mom" Tommie smiled at me.  I said a prayer right then thanking Heavenly father for whatever angels are assigned to watch out for bryce. He could've choked so easily.

Bryce is the easiest baby. I struggled those few days with balancing out my milk for him - i obviously have oversupply and his poor stomach was struggling. But, then we got it all worked out and he sleeps so good. He falls asleep on his own and sleeps 4 hour chunks at night. It is incredible and I love him for it. I still don't sleep well at nights, but dallin is trying harder to sleep through the nights. Tommie has been waking up at 4 lately so we really need to get everyone on the same schedule :) But, I am back walking and trying to be more active- so i must be feeling better.



The best news of all - the yukon is finally fixed and back home. We all drove out to queen creek last friday night to get it from the repairman. Can I just say what a difference it has made in my life?? Amazing. I love having a big car that fits everyone. I love that no one pulls my hair while i drive or kicks my seat. The kids love seeing out the window and I am just a new person. Because of that- I now go places with all the kids all by myself. Call me super mom! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment