Saturday, September 28, 2013

Waiting for the baby to come


I always hate the last few weeks of pregnancy. Besides being incredibly uncomfortable and tired, it just is hard to plan around! I tried to stay active to help baby come early. I REALLY didn't want to speak in stake conference. But, come Saturday night adult session, I was doing fine. We went to Blue Adobe Grill with brad and Julie, then headed to the stake center. I started getting nervous that night just thinking about standing up there, so swollen. Sure enough, baby didn't come over night, and there I went, walking up there in my biggest church clothes possible! I spoke on kindness, and seeing others as God wants them to be seen. I talked about how hard my week had been, how i started feeling miserable  and just complaining about everything. One day it had hit me real hard that Satan was so happy I was so miserable. He wanted me to not be excited about ANOTHER baby, he wanted me to complain about the happy relationships i have here. Satan will never have good friendships, he will never have a happy marriage, and he certainly can't be a loving parent bringing beautiful babies into this world. From there, I compared certain BYU experiences to how we really can learn to let things go and see people in a more Christ-like way. I would say it went really good except as I was walking back to my seat, I realized my skirt had fallen PRETTY LOW. As in, my garments showed the whole time I was talking. The youth int he stake were the choir, so I asked Mansi and Brianna afterwords, and they just kept laughing saying "it was only a few inches....". I know that everyone saw my see through, stretched out garment bottoms. How embarrassing.

I got the nicest letter int he mail from Pres. Burnham though. "Dear Shawnne, Thank you for speaking this past Sunday. Your message of kind and appropriate relationships with others was powerful and touching. I appreciate your preparation and the wonderful spirit with which you delivered your message. I see why I was impressed to ask you to speak. You are a wonderful lady. I am grateful for your example and your goodness. May the lord bless you. I am so glad you are a part of our stake family. Sincerely, Lynn Burnham." 

WHEW! Glad that's over with. Seriously. 

We went to Mansi and Brianna's swim meet. It was fun to watch them and remember what high school really was like. The heat didn't work to put me into labor. Darn. And, I got this great picture of a bee landing on Tommie's eye. Ha. 





No comments:

Post a Comment