Saturday, September 28, 2013

Coming back home to reality


I have had so much help this past week. From people taking the boys to play, to the endless meals and sweet phone calls. I am lucky to live in such a nice neighborhood and to have so much family around. I don't know how i would do without them.  Jackson has been so sweet and helpful, and adjusted to a new baby so much better than he did with Tommie. I feel guilty that I can't give Tommie the attention he needs anymore. You can tell he feels a little cheated, but is still pretty happy. He just learned how to open the doors, and the toilet seats, and now my whole life has changed. I can't just close the doors to contain him, and I have to lock the baby away from him.  If someone forgets to lock the door on the way out (aka SPencer) He will run out the front door into the street while i nurse. Everytime i sit down to feed the baby, my blanket/cover ups get stolen, the baby's legs get pulled, and then he puts something else into the toilet. I'll admit that by the time James gets home, I look pretty desperate for help sometimes! James has had to work later some nights, and i can tell he is just as wasted as I am, but he is so sweet to just drop everything, not ask me any questions, and just take over until I shower, calm down, etc. Ha! What a team we are. 

I have spent so many hours just holding dallin, and the boys give him his fair share of wet kisses, and too-tight of hugs till he wakes up and cries! :) He had the big circumcision, and caught Spencer's cold in the same day. So, on top of the pain, he can't breathe. I don't think I ever had a sick one-week old, but I hope it's nothing that lasts too long. I am congested, have headaches, but at least my fever broke last night. Tommie just has a bad cough, but so far benadryl keeps him sleeping at night. 


Dallin is the best eater I have had and has already gained over a pound. We love our new pediatrician, Dr. Milius, and he just raves about how impressive Dallin's growth is. 















Dallin still goes pretty cross-eyed when he looks at things and Jackson thinks it is so funny.



Every chance i get, I try to just drop everything and snuggle this boy as well. It's so sad to me that he seems so grown up now, but I can't imagine life without his huge smile.



This is Dallin and Whitney sharing the same car seat. They are 2 1/2 months apart, but Whitney seems so huge already. 




























The day I came home from the hospital, and picked up the boys from my mom's, Julie's water broke. She ended up having the baby at midnight, so technically they are 3 days apart. Little Roland Jay (affectionately nicknamed RJ after Grandpa Fuzz...) is so cute. Poor Julie has already had to deal with another blood clot problem, but her baby is just as cute and Brad is always so fun to watch as a new dad. I feel a little bad I can't really help her with anything, nor have I really even visited the baby, but their together time will come soon enough! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment