Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy birthday to Tommie!

A whole year has come and gone and Tommie is now 1! All in all it has seemed like an easy transition to having him in our life. I couldn't ask for a sweeter baby with a bigger smile. I will always be grateful that Tommie has taught me to just take a break, and smile BIG at anyone. I can't imagine I'll ever have another baby that is just so chill... but we'll see.






With that said, he has gotten a little feisty! He is getting smarter and knows what he wants. And, when he doesn't get it... he shrieks real loud, throws him self on the floor and looks at me with the saddest face. For instance, his love of my cell phone is his newest passion. I find it hard to make any calls without him noticing...and when he does, he crawls over so fast and stands there crying till you hand it to him. Jackson can get him so mad, so fast by just taking a toy away or sitting too close. Yet, Jackson can also get him laughing faster than anyone. It's so cute to watch the 2 boys and see how they get along so well already.

I have really started wondering how everyone will get around when this next baby comes. Tommie is close to walking, but not quite and I can only imagine that I'll be carrying 2 babies around...a lot. Who knows. I walk the halls with Tommie a lot at church and wonder how James and I will both teach classes with the 2 babies. Good thing there's a lot of family in the ward!

We got our first letter from my brother matt in the provo MTC. His visa came and he is now in Columbia. He sounds great...had forgotten a towel and had the usual hard adjustment to just lessons all day long. But, we did talk to him at the airport yesterday and he was much more upbeat and excited to get to Columbia.

Shaela ended up having her baby early at 36 weeks...a little girl "whitney". She was born in Prescott and Jared was here in Mesa. Shaela's father in law drove her to the hospital, got pulled over for speeding, and Jared made it just in time to see the baby be born. It was too fast for her epidural to work so her first "all-natural" baby. I took a little day trip to Prescott on friday with julie, my mom, and mansi and brianna to visit shaela and the baby. It was fun but made me realize I still have quite a while to be pregnant! And I already feel huge, hot, and uncomfortable most of the time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pics of Tommie! And what a delivery story for Shaela.

    ReplyDelete