Sunday, July 28, 2013

Good things are coming NOW.

You know that one church talk where it says to trust in the Lord, cause good things are to come? Well, lately, the good things are already coming! :) We feel really blessed lately and even though I am getting so huge, I really do feel grateful most days for all my blessings.

James parents helped us set up a plan to buy their house. Yep, we are soon to be homeowners...thanks to a lot of seller financing. We sure felt so appreciative of all their generosity, and the meetings with loan officers have already begun. At least James agrees to stay on orange street for the next few years because I LOVE it here.  I found this picture on James phone...he actually sent it to some guy for a bid on tree removal of the 2 front trees, but I figure it works here for our announcement of buying the house.

Missionary work has picked up again for us lately. We've sat in on lots of discussions with barbara papilli and she was finally baptized yesterday. She had asked James to baptize her and confirm her , i gave a little talk on baptism, and it was neat to play a small part in her conversion as well. Working with investigators always makes me feel really grateful for just how much I've been given and how much happiness I have felt my whole life. Barbara is a 51 year old lady, who finally kicked out her live-in boyfriend, lives in the trailer park, quit smoking, and is trying to get her first job in over 20 years. The changes she is trying to make all at once I'm sure are overwhelming, but she is trying so hard and looks so much happier.



James' parents left this past week and I actually always feel a little sad when they leave our house! You'd think I'd be so excited to have "my house back" (whatever that means) but they are the best help when they are here. I love all the cleaning and cooking help, but i also love just seeing them have time with their grandkids. They do so much during each break and visit so many people. It seems like they hardly ever have time for a break, because they do so much. I think I saw Wilford take one nap the whole month they were here. And, that's because he had surgery that morning, and the anesthesia wasn't totally worn off.  We had a FHE where they shared a lot of the stories from working with cuba. It was neat to hear what they are a part of, and neat to realize how much the world needs them. I know from watching Becca and Andrea that it really is a sacrifice for their kids to just let them leave... but the blessings of their service really do affect each of us individually. They spent a lot of time in utah and at the cabin, and James was sad he didn't get as much time to just sit and visit with them. But, I sure do appreciate the examples they are to me, and all they do to just serve me and tolerate my little family when they are here. That, and we have had a lot of fun cousin times that seem to happen the most during the summer months.







Spencer is now here to live with us. It's funny that sometimes i think i am still so young till I compare my life to his teenage life...and boy, have i changed! :) He is so patient with the kids and does a lot to help here and there. I am excited for him to have school start and not be hanging around the house all day. Not that he gets annoying, but it's hard for teenage boys to figure out what to do besides watch TV, eat, watch more TV, etc. He's been trying to find a job and even went on his first few dates. James and I had to double with mom and him on his first ever date. The boys treated us to a mini-golf game at Golfland and dairy queen. It was sweaty but a lot of fun. Definitely my first date with my mother-in-law. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I read your blog now and then because I am totally out of the loop! Congratulations on the house!

    ReplyDelete