Sunday, May 23, 2010

2 weeks in a row!

I've decided it's easier to count the blog as my journal, so maybe that means I'll write more! But, another week has already come and gone. Jackson was sick since last Saturday, and boy did that wear me out! We had some full days of training for work, and it took quite a bit of James' help as well...but we made it! Luckily his fevers were only high for a few days, followed by hives, and the doctors think it was just a virus. He does seem to be doing MUCH better and now, he just needs to start sleeping again!



James had another intramural softball game...and they actually won! The first game went a little something like this: James gets up to bat for the first time....swings the bat so hard that he falls to his knees...the bat continues to swing around his whole body... comes back around to the plate and hits the ball..... amazing but embarrassing. The next game, our team was down by a few, the bases were loaded, James gets up to the bat, and the pitcher claims it's now "too dark" for him to see. I guess the lights weren't working and they called the game over, James' team lost without even a chance. That was followed by a forfeited game, and so finally...the whole game was played, James actually had some good hits AND played pitcher! It's actually really nice to have something else going on during the week.

Neil, Megan, Grace, and new baby Kade (almost 2 months old) were up from AZ and we loved getting to see them. We didn't get to see too much of them, but it sure made us excited for our vacation in July! Their new baby is adorable, and just lays there, smiling (awww....remember when Jackson did that?) Actually, lately I have had some realizations that I am no longer the boss...he is. I wish this picture was better, but we went to the grocery store and because Jackson was throwing a fit about having to ride in the cart, the worker gave Jackson a little sucker. Of course, there was no getting it away from him and I drove home the whole time contiually turning around to makes ure he wasn't choking. By the time I got home, the sucker had gotten everywhere and his eyelashes were stuck open because they were so sticky. I had to laugh at him trying to rub his eyes but only making them more sticky. Too bad the picture didn't turn out but you can kind of see it on the left eye. But really, sometimes no matter what I try, he will win. James suggested after church today that it's time to teach him to sit still in church. He was SO loud and all over the place...banging his head on the pews, throwing his toys, crying whenever anyone said anything to him, etc. Even the bishop commented to James "Man, we sure heard Jackson during sacrament meeting today!" He threw his whole container of crackers all over in relief society, opened the lid to his juice cup, and poured it on the lady next to us, ripped some pages out of the hymn book, made the new little baby in front of us cry by scratching him, and that was all within 10 min! I tried the mothers' lounge, but as soon as you even walk in there he starts screaming and the poor nursing mothers give me that look of "get out!" Still, I laughed to myself when James said it's time he needs some discipline! When I asked if James had any suggestions, he was as lost as I was. Therefore, if anyone would like to give us advice...we're open for it! Until then, I try to focus on the fact that I do secretly enjoy getting outside every now and then for a little break!






1 comment:

  1. Shawnne, I am STILL in that phase. I'd LOVE to have my children sit through sacrament meeting. It's so hard when Evan doesn't understand & so its just as hard to teach Ryan. Anyway. I've known other mothers to be able to be disciplined themselves enough to make being outside the meeting in the hall/lounge less fun than being inside the meeting. Doyou have a quiet book? And in my head, I've always wanted to try teaching them a little bit throughout the week of sitting still for certain lengths of time. But I don't have any positive ideas that have worked. Hopefully someone else does and we can both learn.

    ReplyDelete