Saturday, January 31, 2015

January- the month of NEVER leaving the house. :)

Somehow we had a terrible virus that lasted at least 6 weeks. Even James had pneumonia from it and missed several days of work. I don't think our whole family ever went anywhere together the whole month. Not an exaggeration. And for the most part, it was me taking care of everyone. Oh well, these cute boys made it well worth it. 

Bryce is the best. So content all the time.  He has a way of following you with his eyes and head, and when you turn to look at him, his whole face lights up with excitement. I love when that happens and wish I just had more time to sit and snuggle him. At his 2 month check up, he was still barely 11 lbs and 24 inch long. I love that he is tiny. So fun to have such a little boy. 





One day while driving in the car, Bryce kept coughing like crazy. This was nothing new thanks to the illness we all had. But, I started thinking about how terrible it sounded and just wishing everyone's coughing would stop. When I got home, I discovered patches of this all in Bryce's hair. Turn out, Dallin had been shoving skittles in Bryce's mouth and the coughing was actually choking I'm sure. Shaela had given dallin a few skittles before we left her house. I said yet another prayer of gratitude that Bryce did not die that day. I had no clue the coughing was anything abnormal. :(




We had an adult's only dinner at Macayo's for Shaela's birthday. James stayed home with the sick kids while i went. It was still one of my highlights from January and i loved being with all my family. Brad of course kept giving shaela all the attention ....and shaela of course loved every minute of it. 



The weather was just beautiful. I spent so much time outside, just letting the kids play. James did an amazing job on our winter lawn... front and back. We laid in that grass every single day. 






 Tommie was really into climbing on everything. I would find him in the most random places, just laying there quietly.


This story still makes me laugh. I wish had a close up picture of just how big the worms are in Jax's jar out there. We had a few days of crazy rain. Busted our roof even.  But, our driveway, and brent leavitt's driveway were COVERED in tangles and tangles of the fattest worms. And to think that james and Brent thought their worm farm and died off! The worms all seemed dead in the containers they had. But, lo and behold, the worms and multiplied and replenished both our yards. When the neighborhood kids discovered it, they swarmed our houses gathering jars of the biggest worms. We were the "cool house" for once. ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment