Tuesday, October 8, 2013

october conference

I really think October is my favorite time of year. No, it's not because of my birthday, nor is it Halloween (my least favorite holiday). But, I love the weather change, the wanting to be outside...

Conference was great this year, and I loved just sitting holding Dallin while James fended off Tommie! :) Some of these ideas came from last April, but I'm still working on them.  I made notes to:

- be content just nuturing (that is most important)
- need to teach virtue to my kids. They have to see strong virtues to judge the world as evil
- I have to stick up for family routines of unrighteousnes. I can't afford not too, I won't have time for    God if I don't. (Righteous living will always = personal peace)
- I need to spend time each day with the phone and TV off, just with kids, James, etc. Focus on them.
- The great test of this life is obedience.
- The size of my faith is not the issue, it's the integrity I have to what I already believe.  I don't need to pretend to have more faith than I do, just be true to what I already know.
-Be kind with human frailty in all I serve with- imperfect people are all God has to work with, and he must get real frustrated.
- Doubt my doubts, not faith
- I shouldn't underestimate children's ability to understand spirit
- Put finances in order, let lord's law govern usage of money
- I need to protect morality- be refined, modest, charitable
- My influence on my sons will never fade
- I need to do more member missionary work, pray for them, invite them
- I should never feel burdened by missionary work, should be a blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment