Monday, August 26, 2013

August is pretty much over.

It is still incredibly hot and I am so glad that some days I don't have to go anywhere. I just lay in front of the fans, drinking lots, and eating a lot of popsicles.

The stake president came over one night this week and even though I thought for sure he wanted James...it turns out they want me to speak in stake conference in September. I tried to explain that was the same week my baby will come. But, he said we will leave it up to "heavenly father to decide". So, now we all know I will still be big and pregnant while speaking! :) That didn't seem to be very fair, but I guess Pres. Burnham had heard some good reports on my last relief society lesson. I had talked about the community progression model from RA training days and compared it to creating unity in our relationships. So, what is my topic for stake conference? Relationships and being nice. Ha! I spoke at another convert baptism this past weekend...AnneMarie....a really sweet lady who it has sure been fun to get to know. We've gone to gospel principles class every thursday night and I've enjoyed just how friendly and positive she is.

Tommie was walking around my mom's pool on saturday afternoon and fell in. I ran to jump in and get him, and I landed on the steps weird. I must have strained something because now i have lots of cramping and contractions. And, I haven't slept well at all the past 2 nights. If it keeps up, I'll probably call the doctor and see what's wrong. For now, I'll just blame it on being 35 weeks pregnant and assume it had nothing to do with saving tommie.

James and I finished planting the garden on saturday. It always feels so good to just get it done. I was not too much help and sure couldn't even get seeds in the ground. I'm lucky to have a husband that wants to do a lot of work on saturday! For the past week we've had a horrible smell of dead chickens around our house. We kept counting ours and thinking it was the neighbors. I talked to a few of them to check and see if their coops were ok. Turns out, it was us. We had forgotten shaela gave us a chicken and boy ahd the poor thing decomposed. Gross. Ha ha! That's what I get for blaming the neighbors.

I posted Jimmer on some more dog breeding websites and got a lot of calls this past week. Turns out he may be in high demand once again. No one has yet actually brought their dog over, just schedules it then cancels...so we will see. "Fabiola" is supposed to call back today! :)

James and I officially went out every weekend in august....we haven't done that in a while and it was nice to get a babysitter every weekend, no matter what we did. It reminds me I need to make that more of a priority to just be with him, not bring the kids along.

Jackson's had a hard week, trying to learn to deal with his anger. He gets so mad, and a switch flips real fast where he just has major outbursts. We've tried lessons on the hulk, talking about nephi and his brothers, trying to take naps, trying to just get out and run/jump/swim, whatever. It doesn't seem to be working and there has been a lot of yelling at me, and several times he has hit me really hard. I thought James being around over the weekend would help him, but that just sure "fed his rage" and at least he directed his punches at james. It has made me realize I need to try real hard this week to just focus on him and help him. Maybe I haven't been positive enough... but it was probably my hardest parenting week I've had. I'm sure the neighbors are loving all the screaming outside! He is trying harder today though and asking me questions like "was that a nice thing i did?". I am grateful that orange patch preschool is starting next week. He needs an outlet!


No comments:

Post a Comment