Sunday, July 11, 2010

New skills

Because Jackson is SO advanced, he has mastered quite a few things this past month. He now CLIMBS. Yes, climbs. No walking, but climbing. He makes it up on to the couch and I found him on the second shelf of the bookcase the other day. He gets scared once he's there and just starts crying. He's so determined though and sticks his tongue out the whole time he tries. He also shakes his head no, and grunts. And, he has 4 teeth coming in at the same time. So he'll now have 4 on top, 4 on the bottom. What a man! He really is such a sweet boy and sometimes I have to remind myself he just has TONS of energy. Or "life" as other people comment.

I'm pretty sure he's saying a few words now, besides the "mom" and "dada", he says "oook" when he wants you to look (and of course he's pointing with his little tiny index finger). He says "ooh ooh" for ducks and food that he likes. His new favorite food are grapes. He can down those so fast. I always try to cut them up, but he usually gabs the bowl and just eats them off the stems. I still haven't figured out how he chews them up, but man, he loves them. Tonight, he said no to cookie and no to ice cream, and proceeded to eat the whole bowl of grapes. I know what we're buying for our trip to Arizona this week!

1 comment:

  1. So I just wrote a long post and it got deleted somehow..so if it shows up 2x sorry! I love all your updates. Jackson is the cutest boy in the whole world and TOTALLY should have won! I'm still laughing at the water fight with james...classic. C was so sad to miss that this year. We hope you guys are having fun in AZ! We can't wait to see you in about a month! Jackson really is advanced :) My boys have never had swim lessons-we keep moving! Hope you enjoyed LOTS of grapes on your trip!
    miss you.

    ReplyDelete